This is why you should not miss Rock Werchter 2022!
What: why Rock Werchter 2022 / Where: Werchter, Belgium / When: 30 June – 3 July 2022 / Genre: Rock, Pop, Alternative
Why you should go to Rock Werchter 2022? 4 days long, 4 huge stages and of course the best artists. RW will celebrate its 45(!) edition this year, which clearly says something about the popularity of the festival.
Annually over 340,000 visitors from all over the world come to Rock Werchter. Go crazy on the biggest headliners or get lost looking for new talent. Dance in the rain, sleep in the scorching sun and make new friends at the campsite; everything is possible at Rock Werchter. Why Rock Werchter? In this blog you find out why you should go and buy your tickets for the Maximal bus trip to Rock Werchter while it is possible!
The amazing lineup
Rock Werchter knows how to surprise everyone with the most versatile lineup. From the biggest headlines to small and new talent. There is something for everyone. If you don’t know the festival you would think by the name Rock Werchter that there is only rock music, but this is not the case. You can find everything here: from your favourite pop to rock and alternative.
The lineup of Rock Werchter 2022 will be resleased soon. All information and updates concerning the lineup you will find at the Rock Werchter lineup blog.
At Rock Werchter it is not only possible to dance to your favourite artists, but also in terms of art and culture you will not fall short. An example of this are the well-known North West Walls; a permanent work of art that has adorned the grounds of Rock Werchter for years (since 2014!). It consists of meters and meters high containers, stacked on top of each other with beautiful coloured paintings. Every year, The North West Walls works with a different group of artists from all over the world. In principle, it is a permanent work of art, because it also remains in winter, but every year new paintings are made especially for Rock Werchter.
In the evening, the blocks are put in the spotlight by different coloured lights, so you really feel like you are in a different world. This is the perfect place to chill out or meet up with the new friends you’ve met along the way.
You may already know if you’ve been to Rock Werchter before, but: At this festival you will know everyone in no time. Rock Werchter is known for having the most chill vibe. Young and old are gathered and it doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or where you come from. Last year, a total of 350,000 visitors attended. If you think you only encounter Belgians, you are wrong. Visitors from all over the world gather here; including from America, Peru, Iceland, Germany, Czech Republic and Denmark. This is your chance to meet new international friends, how much fun! Chances are you will come back with 3 new language learned. Amazing!
- Rock Werchter was celebrating its 45th birthday in 2020! But due to the corona crisis in 2022 will be their 45th edition.
- TW: A very long time ago was Torhout-Werchter the name of Rock Werchter. The festival only lasted two days, of which one day was located in Werchter and the other in Torhout.
- In 2015 Rock Werchter added a new stage to the festival location: The Slope. Here is room for new upcoming talent.
- In 1995 Jeff Buckley was at Rock Werchter.
- It is forbidden to stage dive: this rule was made because in the past there were a lot of accidents. There are many more tips for Rock Werchter.
- Surrounding the premises there is 48 kilometres of fences! So many!
- It is still not clear if Moby play backed his whole performance back in 2006.
- By far the best and most Belgium fact: Rock Werchter eats fries for 44 tons (!!).
If you wasn’t convinced yet, you will be now because WAUW what a aftermovie!
Maximal relaxed traveling
The festival starts as soon as the bus leaves and in addition to the music played by the bus boxes, you immediately make new friends. You cannot be better prepared. Secure yourself a spot here on the Maximal Trips Bus trip to Rock Werchter!
The extras of the Maximal Bus trip:
- With your friends in the same bus guarantee
- Always a tour guide & safe transport with ISO-9001
- Skip the long lines to the shuttle bus and get dropped in front of the festival entrance!
Maximal Trips provides the most fun bus trips to national and international festivals since 2012. Book your bus tickets as well as your camping- and festival tickets. All of our coaches have ISO 9001 or likewise certification. Maximal Trips makes sure you travel safe, relaxed and affordable. Meet our briefed tour guide on board and start the trip. Discover. Book. Hop on!